Three Easy Consultation Options
At Detroit Lawyers PLLC both your financial and physical health are important to us. In order to adapt to the times, we are providing the following ways to meet with our attorneys:
In Person Consultations
Our office is open for business! We are back providing in person consultations for all required meetings throughout the bankruptcy process. We have spent the few months outfitting our office to make sure it is as safe as possible.
The following steps have been taken:
- Our building has instituted directions for how traffic should flow throughout the premises. Visitors will be asked to go up stairways on the north side of the building and go down stairways on the south side of the building. Please follow all the signs!
- In our suite, a protective barrier will provide adequate distance between our clients and us.
- We have installed a state of the art Molekule air purification system which will eliminate viruses and bacteria.
- After each meeting, we completely disinfect all surfaces in the common areas and meeting rooms.
- We ask all our clients to wear masks while in the building and call us upon their arrival. We will open the door for them once they arrive and will ensure they are the only ones in the waiting area. We even provide same day walk-in in person meetings. Just give us a call and we will make sure you are seated with an attorney within the hour.
We have set up easy to access meetings using Zoom for consultations. All you need to do is book online or call us at (248) 237-7979. We will send you a simple link in advance and you can video chat with us on your computer or phone. Downloading the Zoom application on your computer or phone is simple. This is probably our least used option and we encourage our client s to try it a it’s much easier than they imagine!
We still offer the simple option of a phone consultation. A majority of our clients have started the process via phone over the last six months.
The Remote Bankruptcy Processs
Throughout the last few months we have perfected the entire process from initial consultation through receiving a bankruptcy discharge. We take care to carefully explain the process and provide documentation to our clients as we know more gets lost in translation remotely. If we aren’t able to meet in person, our staff is dedicated to assist our clients in gathering documentation to get their case filed as soon as possible with 100% accuracy. We can pull most our clients’ paystubs, tax returns and credit reports online. If our clients are on board, there’s no reason why we can’t file a standard case 48 hours after being retained.
Remote Court Hearings
The Eastern District of Michigan Bankruptcy Court has ordered that all hearings still being held either by phone or Zoom video conferences. This policy has been in effect since April and will continue until further notice. Our clients can still receive a bankruptcy discharge without leaving their homes. Take advantage of your chance to do this now before you are required to attend an in person hearing at federal court in downtown Detroit. Save on parking, don’t take a half day off work and get it out of the way now!